Back New Agent/Agency in FL

G
gcollins Mar 16, 2012 9:33 AM
I am newly licensed agent/agency in the FL market.  I am looking for a great MGA that I can partner with for mostly personal lines business with some CGL and Surety business.  I would like to work with a company that allows me to own/keep my book of business. 
L
LeslieFarmer Mar 20, 2012 1:08 PM
Try Arleen Jeweet (personal lines manager) at SeaCoast Underwriters in Coral Gables.  She can probably help you.  Her number is (305) 774-9977. 

Also, an MGA will not own your BOB.  Your BOB is property of either the producer or the agency-it just depends on how the agency is structured and the agreement it has with the producers. 
Lauriebg Mar 20, 2012 1:57 PM
We are an MGA that can write the high value home pacakges in parts of FL. We specialize in High Net Worth personal lines nationally. Agents own their own book and have no volume commitment. Visit www.SadlerWPL.com to learn more or call directly 800 698-0511. Best of luck in your new business!
Lauriebg Mar 20, 2012 2:00 PM
To further add to the MGA note from Leslie - some of the MGAs or cluster groups out there do have a non-compete clause if you leave their services (barring you from getting a direct appt with any of their carriers for a set timeframe). When you choose an MGA, read what you sign carefully!
J
james Mar 23, 2012 12:50 PM
I can help you

James

james@mulberryinsurance.com or 818.574.7110

Please login or register to leave a response.