Self-storage facilities provide an option for individuals who don’t need access to certain items on an everyday basis, but still want to keep those items protected. Orchid has a program specifically designed to cover the insurance interests of the owners of these self-storage facilities while storing others’ belongings. In addition to insuring the self-storage buildings and the insured’s business income, Orchid's program offers sub-limits to cover the customers’ goods as well as defending the insured against acts or omissions arising from the “lock-out” or sale, removal or disposition of customers’ property.
• Business Owners Policy and Monoline Property policy types available
• Up to $15 million per location, and $25 million per policy in coverage
• Up to $1 million / $2 million in General Liability Limits
• Includes the Orchid Premier Endorsement to enhance certain coverages such as Spoilage, Ordinance or Law, Outdoor Property, Employee Dishonesty, Water Backup, Outdoor Sign, Debris Removal, etc.
• Year of construction- 1950 and newer; 1900 in the Northeast, Charleston, & New Orleans
• Include Wind coverage without any restriction on distance to coast
• BOP policies offered with TIV limits up to $15 million per building
• Online submission process to increase quick turn-around times
Optional/ Additional Coverages
• Equipment Breakdown
• Ordinance or Law
• Outdoor Property
• Water Backup
• Employee Dishonesty
• Wind Driven Rain
• Hired and Non Owned Auto
• Assault & Battery*
Submitting your risk to Orchid has never been easier. Simply e-mail your commercial submissions (ACORD'S, SOV's, Supplementals, Loss Runs, etc...) to email@example.com.
Multiple Markets Available
Rating A- or Better
Rating By A.M. Best
33 listings in 50 states + DCView Company
Availability 50 states + DC