Each building project has special needs and risks. There’s a lot happening at each site, and your client’s reputation and livelihood are on the line. This coverage is built specifically to protect contractors and owners against property losses. Will the site be covered if there are changes to the job? What about coverage to meet regulatory code requirements if a building is damaged?
While you’re busy turning blueprints to buildings, the last thing you need to worry about is making sure your property is properly insured. With our Builder’s Risk policy, we include coverages others don’t, eliminating the need to purchase additional policies.
· Testing coverage, including hot and cold testing for mechanical and electrical machinery being installed in the building
· Coverage for “sinkhole collapse”
· Replacement cost valuation includes your reasonable overhead and profit
· Coverage provided for temporary structures and forms, scaffolding, falsework and temporary fences; fire department service charges; and plants, trees and shrubs
· Debris removal and pollution clean-up
With the escalating costs of new construction, many existing buildings of heavy construction are being converted to condos, lofts and apartments. Renovations present a special risk to builders and contractors and we're here to protect your client's investment in these unique projects.
Optional coverages include:
· Inflation protection
· Change order coverage
· Building machinery and equipment breakdown/testing
· Soft costs and rental value loss
· Removal expense
· Extra expense
From a single, custom home to an entire subdivision, we cover all of your residential contractor needs, including:
• Property that you are responsible for, including materials that are supplied by the owner or that will be permanently installed in the dwelling.
• Building materials, scaffolding and construction forms while stored on the job site.
• A basic limit for materials stored temporarily at an off-site location. Higher limits may be purchased.
• Property in transit, removal expenses, fire department service charges, and outdoor trees, shrubs and plants.
• Profit - builder’s reasonable profit and overhead with an option to exclude.
• Policy types offered - individual policy for specific location, reporting policy options, or annual auditable policy.
Optional Coverages Offered
• Change order coverage
• Permission to occupy
• “Soft costs” (i.e. loan interest, reality tax and other additional living expense assessments)
• Subdivision/development property endorsement
• Inflation protection
• Green building endorsement
• Additional living expense
Other Coverages Offered
• Trade-in homes
• Model homes and contents, including sales office
• Renovations, including existing structure
• Contractor’s equipment endorsement
• Homes in inventory
• Construction trailers at job sites
• Property for office/office contents
20 listings in 50 states + DCView Company
Availability 50 states + DC