- Several carriers rated “A” X or higher by A.M. Best Including Zurich and Lexington, Beazly and Certain Underwriters at Lloyds of London.
- Up to $100MM+ Per Risk Capacity
- Available in most US States
- Admitted and Non-admitted
- One-Shot Coverage and Extensions Available
- $350 plus Taxes and Fees
- Up to 12.5% depending on program
- Coastal Capacity
- Critical Earthquake Capacity
- $100M+ Capacity for Superior Construction
- $50M+ Wood Frame Capacity
Our programs provide Builder's Risk/Course of Construction coverage's for Owner/Builders, Contractors & Developers building or remodeling Residential, Commercial and Industrial properties while in the course of construction. Coverage may be extended to include existing buildings to which renovations are being made &/or additions to the buildings. Dwellings (1 to 4 family) are allowed in all protection classes (1 through 10). Minimum premium varies by state. Policies may be written for one year (or less) and extended coverage is available subject to additional underwriting review.
- Risks with more than 3 builders risk claims in the past 3 years.
- Risks with a loss ratio of more than 50% in the past 3 years.
- Risks where the project's builder/contractor without prior experience of 3 years of more as a construction manager or supervisor.
- Risks where the remodeling is being done as a result of prior property damage (i.e. flood, earth movement, fire or water damage).
- Risks with a current threat of, or active brush/wild fire within a proximity of 50 miles of the construction site.
- Risks with unique building methods or materials. (i.e. fabric structures, earthen materials etc.).
- Coverage for a project where construction has started more than 60 days prior to our inception date.
- Renovation risks when the existing structure is to be covered and the existing building values are more than twice the new work values,
- Mobile Home assembly/construction.
- Construction terms of greater than 12 months.
- Earth Movement and/or Flood Coverage.
- Buildings undergoing repair and/or replacement due to prior damage on the same construction site,
- Any insured who has filed for bankruptcy in the last 10 years.
- Any insured who has been cancelled or non-renewed by any previous Insurance carrier for underwriting or premium payment reasons.
- Street and Road
- $1,000 / $2,500 / $5,000 / $10,000 deductibles are available as options.
- Builder's Risk premiums and exposures are typically not subject to final audit. However inspections will be made upon binding of policy.
- Full Annual Payment OR Producer Financing ok. The producer may withhold commission and remit net payment in full.
- 125 Commercial Insurance Application and Builders Risk Application
Varies by State
Greg Brittain VP Workers Comp & Alternative
19 listings in 50 states + DCEngaged View Company
Availability 26 states