- Veterinary practices primarily devoted to the care and treatment of household pets
- Mixed practices with large animal and equine operations
- Specialty veterinary hospitals, including 24 hour emergency hospitals
- Mobile veterinary practices
- Veterinary behaviorists
- Pet day cares and pet lodging
- Pet groomers
- Pet trainers
- Humane Societies, SPCA's and other animal shelters and welfare organizationswith veterinary and shelter/kennel exposures may be considered
- Workers' Compensation
- Business Owners' Policy (BOP)
- Professional Liability
- Business Auto
- Directors' and Officers' Liability
- Employment Related Practices
- Network Security and Privacy (Cyber)
We negotiated hard-to-find features in our professional liability coverage, such as elimination of the so-called “hammer clause,” which means no settlement without the veterinarian's written consent. This gives the insured the right to defend their reputation by refusing recommended claim settlements by the insurance company. We also provide access to legal defense coverage if the insured is required to defend license challenges from the veterinary licensing board.
- EXTRA Endorsements: The wide array of additional and expanded coverage designed for veterinary practices makes it more broad and economical than purchasing coverage separately through normal insurance policies.
- Professional Liability: Our Business Owners' Policy (BOP) makes available separate limits up to $2 million per occurrence, with a maximum aggregate of $4 million per year. Our expanded definition of “who is covered” addresses the exposures of modern practices and organizations. In addition, we can offer Professional Liability on a stand-alone basis outside of the BOP.
- License Defense: We provide up to $100,000 per year for legal expenses incurred defending complaints brought by the state licensing board.
- Animal Bailee: Automatic coverage for an animal dying, being injured or lost while in your custody. No limit on the number of animals in each claim.
- Emergency Relocation: Extended coverage for the expense of relocating boarded animals to safety.
Rating A- Rated, or higher
Rating By A.M. Best
Victoria Jones Sales & Marketing
Safehold Special Risk
10 listings in 50 states + DCView Company
Availability 48 states