Amwins Specialty Logistics Underwriters is a specialty MGA dedicated to providing Ocean Marine insurance for a variety of insureds in the global manufacturing, trade and transit industry.
Does your insured's business import or export its products? Do they source raw materials or distribute/sell manufactured goods overseas? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, Marine Cargo insurance should be considered as an integral component of your client's business stability strategy.
Billions of dollars of goods and merchandise are shipped around the world each year, resulting in high-risk cargo exposures.
These risks aren't limited to one industry, but can span many industries, including manufacturing, distribution, healthcare, energy, construction and technology. Marine Cargo insurance covers physical loss and/or damage of goods while in transit between the point of origin through the final delivery.
• Importers and exporters
• Multi-national companies
• Business-to-business internet sales
Types of Cargo Programs and Risks We Cover
• Worldwide cargo/transit
• Global stock throughput (transit and inventory)
• Project cargo
• Ability to write as primary or excess, single carrier or quota share
• Cargo capacity for conveyance and storage locations: $30M
• Minimum Premium: $5,000
• Availability: National
• Carrier: A.M. Best “A” rated, Admitted
• Submission Requirements: Completed application, 5-year loss history
Why Choose ASLU?
• Our seasoned underwriters have decades of experience and expertise in Marine insurance, which positions us as trusted advisors to our retail partners.
• We offer a very broad underwriting appetite with the ability to provide custom solutions on a per risk basis. Our policy is designed to be flexible and offers global risk control capabilities.
• We differentiate ourselves from other MGAs by offering our coverage on U.S. Admitted paper. This provides many benefits for agents and insureds, including no surplus lines taxes and faster claims handling.
• In the event a claim does arise, ASLU/SMU has a global marine claims network via our partnership with W K Webster & Co as well as complex claims advocacy through Amwins, the nation's largest independent wholesale distributor of specialty insurance products. As an Amwins company, ASLU/SM has access to the complete tools and resources of the firm.
$5K Minimum Premium
Samuel Chung Vice President+1 more contact
65 listings in 50 states + DCEngaged View Company
Availability 50 states + DC