What is professional liability insurance?
Professional liability insurance, also called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance) or indemnity insurance, protects your business if you are sued for negligently performing your services, even if you haven’t made a mistake.
A customer could sue you because you did something you shouldn’t have, or you didn’t do something you should have, in the course of providing professional services. A professional liability insurance policy could protect you by covering the cost to defend yourself, as well as any settlement or judgement.
Why do I need professional liability insurance?
Professional liability insurance coverage gives your business protection from the risks you face in delivering your professional services. The section below discusses everything our professional liability insurance coverage offers since we want you to feel secure about what your policy does and doesn’t cover. You should consider professional liability insurance coverage if your business:
- provides a professional service.
- regularly gives advice to clients.
- is requested by a client to have professional liability insurance to complete a contract.
- Fast and Simple: Get a quote in minutes online or by phone.
- Broad Appetite: Same-day coverage for 180+ professions.
- Instant Binding: Policy documents are emailed immediately.
- Direct Bill: Hiscox handles all servicing and billing.
- Automatic Renewal: Earn commission for the lifetime of the policy.*
*As long as you are the producer of record
$270 Minimum Limit
Rating A (Excellent)
Rating By A.M. Best
3 listings in 50 statesView Company
Availability 50 states