Orchid's Builder’s Risk Insurance is specifically designed to cover homes while they are under construction. During that time, buildings are subject to many different risks. They may catch on fire, be damaged by high winds, or fall victim to other perils. Builder’s risk insurance covers against some of these losses. Covered building components include foundations, fixtures, machinery, equipment used to service the building, materials and supplies.
For homes valued over $1 million, Orchid can offer a customized policy duration of up to 36 months. If the construction takes longer than anticipated, a month by month endorsement can be added.
About Builder’s Risk:
• Also called Course of Construction
• Most homeowner’s policies do not cover a home under construction
• Covers supplies and materials
• Coverage includes project from start to finish
• Once construction is completed, the insured will need a homeowners policy
The Orchid Difference
• Our Builder’s minimum is as low as $200,000 in most states
• Able to be written on a HO3 form
• Can write excluding wind with our DP3 and Builder’s Risk programs if needed
• Can write both ground up construction and renovations policies
• Can include Liability – up to $500,000
• Theft of building materials coverage available
Submitting your risk to Orchid has never been easier. Simply e-mail your commercial submissions (ACORD'S, SOV's, Supplementals, Loss Runs, etc...) to email@example.com.
Multiple Markets Available
Rating A- or Better
Rating By A.M. Best
39 listings in 50 states + DCView Company
Availability 50 states + DC