Inland Marine originally started in a time when most cargo was transported via waterways. Insurers at that time provided a broad coverage for items onboard, no matter how it was damaged or lost. Since other forms of transportation have been introduced, Inland Marine insurers added coverage for new items and technology. Today Inland Marine is a policy designed to provide the broadest level of coverage for items such as jewelry, furs, wine, fine arts, and more. Orchid has a wide variety of coverage options for our standalone Inland Marine products.
About Inland Marine
- No minimum per item required for scheduled coverage, but
minimum premium is $250
- Appraisals are needed on items over $100,000 within the last
- Offers both blanket and scheduled coverage
- Coverage applies anywhere in the world. When clients are on
vacation, items such as jewelry and cameras are covered.
Replacement Cost Coverage
- We’ll pay the cost to repair or replace clients’ property,
without deduction for depreciation. The policy insures against theft and
accidental direct physical damage to covered property, with only a few
limitations and exclusions.
- Generally there is no deductible, although deductibles are
- Fully comprehensive all risks of physical loss or damage
cover, including accidental damage
- Automatic cover for new acquisitions up to 25% of collection
- Defective Title cover
- Fakes and Forgeries cover
Multiple Markets Available
Rating A- or Better
Rating By A.M. Best
32 listings in 50 states + DCView Company
Availability 50 states + DC