Indemnification Coverage and Claims Expense Coverage for Attorneys
Attorneys face a number of errors & omissions claims – from administrative errors to allegations of abandoning representation to failing to address the client's needs in any way. In fact, the American Bar Association (ABA) estimates that attorneys will have at least three legal malpractice claims brought against them in the course of their careers.
The RPS Signature Programs Lawyers Professional Liability (LPL) insurance program is designed to provide coverage for claims that arise from "wrongful acts" committed in the rendering of legal services in the lawyer's capacity and generally provides both indemnification coverage and claims expense coverage.
The program is available in all states except AK.Lawyers Professional Liability Coverage Highlights
- Claims-made and reported
- Broad definition of professional services
- Fifty percent reduction for agreement to use mediation and the claim is settled at mediation (up to $25,000)
- Per claim and aggregate deductible options
- Relaxed consent to settle clause 50/50
- Automatic 30-day ERP extension
- Claims cost in addition to limit
- First dollar defense
- Annual aggregate deductible
- Supplementary payments in addition to limit with zero deductible
- Automatic coverage for independent contractors
- ERP option 1 to unlimited years
- Pre-claim hotline
- $250,000 to $5,000,000
The Lawyers Professional Liability insurance program is ideal for:
- Firms comprised of 1 to 50 attorneys that have demonstrated good claims experience over prior five years and strong controls and procedures.
We do not write sole practitioners, firms whose AOPs include oil/gas/mining, real estate development/syndication, securities, tax shelters, water loss or risks with poor claims experience.How the Lawyers Professional Liability Program Can Help Your Clients
RPS Signature Programs' team of industry experts can take on the most complex client needs with our exclusive programs offering specialized coverage for niche risks, including the unique professional liability insurance needs of attorneys.
Rating By AM Best
Adrienne Woodhull Area President+2 more contacts
RPS Signature Programs
22 listings in 50 states + DCView Company
Availability 50 states