Back 18 Wheeler Ride Along

Posted in
Market Requests

kris.h Sep 24, 2019 11:12 AM

Looking for a policy to cover injuries while riding along on an 18 wheeler.

Client rides along on an 18 Wheeler with her boyfriend. She doesn't drive the vehicle but does help with fueling and checking the load. They live on the truck. Since they are not married and she doesn't work for the company he works for his policy won't cover her if she's injured on the road. Any help finding a fit for this risk would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

elecgenius Oct 1, 2019 11:09 AM
krishoney, Maybe you haven't received a response because it is against the DOT regulations to have someone in the cab that does not have a commercial license in case they get inspected. It is a safety issue for the drive and a distraction can not only put the Driver's life at risk, but the passenger's too and the life of other people. That is why most carriers have the driver sign an exclusion form that voids coverage if someone that is unauthorized is riding along. Also, there is no way of telling if the passenger was driving a commercial vehicle without a Class A license to help out the Drive as it is hard to see if they switch seats in the cab before the inspector or an officer checks. Best bet is to have the girlfriend get a Class A so they can work as a team and make more profit and get added to all the policies. Plan B is get good health insurance and life insurance.   Hope this helps.
kris.h Oct 2, 2019 9:07 AM
elecgenius - Thank you so much! Incredibly helpful.

Please login or register to leave a response.