The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. said it has enhanced its product suites for lawyers and healthcare facilities.
The Hanover Lawyers Advantage product suite offers stand-alone professional liability coverage for a wide range of law firms. In addition to a new base policy form, a new professional liability enhancement endorsement added nine supplemental coverages, including canceled conferences, emergency web hosting and pet boarding. Additionally, a new specific client limit endorsement offers the ability to increase the policy limit on an individual client basis, providing a method to meet insurance limit requirements in contracts. The insurer said that key coverages in the base form include:
- Privacy and security liability coverage: Covers the firm for liability related to the mishandling of a client's personal information
- Remote notarization services and electronic notarization services: Now expressly included, offering protection for lawyers and firms in today's digital business environment
- Deductible reduction: 50% deductible reduction for mediation claim settlement up to $10,000
Hanover Healthcare Facilities Advantage product suite offers a multiline solution that includes professional liability, general liability, property, automobile, umbrella and workers' compensation coverages, and other specialized coverages for a wide range of facilities, ranging from imaging centers and urgent care clinics, to community health centers and physical therapy facilities. The insurer said a few of the key coverages include:
- Employee theft of client property: Provides coverage for loss of, or damage to, a client's money, securities, or other property caused by employee theft.
- Public relations expense: Provides reimbursement of public relations expenses related to an emergency incident.
- Abuse and molestation: Provides coverage for legal expenses incurred by facilities for accusations of physical abuse, sexual misconduct or molestation brought against an employee.
Hanover Lawyers Advantage and Healthcare Facilities Advantage clients also have access to risk management consultants and websites through The Hanover. Lawyers Advantage clients have access to a complimentary risk management hotline and model engagement agreements. Healthcare Facilities Advantage clients have access to dedicated risk management consultants, online education and training programs along with discounts on valuable third-party tools and services, such as background checks and employment screenings.
Other professional liability and healthcare solutions offered by The Hanover, include Hanover Eldercare Advantage and Hanover Miscellaneous Professionals Advantage, as well as Hanover Accountants Professional Advantage and Hanover Allied Healthcare Advantage — both which were significantly enhanced in 2020.
"The professional liability market is facing a number of emerging risks," said Gregory W. Leffard, president, professional and executive lines at The Hanover. "With these products, our agents can help best protect their clients with flexible, individualized solutions."
The Hanover offers standard and specialized insurance protection for small and mid-sized businesses, as well as for homes, automobiles, and other personal items through a select group of independent agents and brokers.
Source: The Hanover Insurance Group Inc.